Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The progress ...

In this post I wrote that I had things that I would like to try and do this year.

Well you could be forgiven for thinking that I had fallen off the wagon so to speak!!

But I have been doing a little, although I would like to add that in no way has my photo taking improved, in any way, shape or form (actually most times I think it has deteriorated!!) and in fact I think I have been taking less photos and most of them have been when we have been out in the boat!!

But needless to say I have been working on the stitching for Christmas side of things slowly.

I have made some tree decorations, patterns by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched ... buy them here and here - Anni's kits are great and the wool felt is beautiful!


I did alter the patterns slightly with the choice of fabric types.

Then I found this pattern under a pile of stuff and have been stitching it over the last few weeks ...


and my very creased version!!



Then on to the reading ... well I have been reading those books on the right hand side bar but today I received one in the mail that I think I am going to really enjoy.


I get that feeling and I've only read a couple of pages while sitting at the Five Loaves Bakery today ... I was laughing out loud at her writing!!

I watched the DVD a few weeks ago and I think it is going to be one of those books that it is better to watch the film / DVD first (cause the books is so good!!)!!

While I was shopping I also found her next book so bought that too!!

And while shopping (I did have a 25% off voucher!!) I bought this one ...

I have read her first book "Petite Anglaise" so thought this follow on book might be a good read too!!

So there you go ... my progress after 4 months!!

3 comments:

Maryanne Ridgway said...

wowee meredith,
xmas decorations already!
you are getting organised early.

Christine said...

Wow, I'm so impressed!
Love the book recommendations too, I'm always on the lookout for a good read!

Melanie said...

love love love your christmas decorations - especially the cup pattern.....can you get me a link where you got it from?? Pretty please :) Mwah XX Mel