Sunday, November 8, 2009

Hannah and her new skirt ...

A while ago I saw this pattern on the internet.

I don't think I have made an item of clothing since about year 8 at school in dress making but thought I'd give it a go!!

On our recent patchwork road trip I bought some fabric and after the Santa Sack yesterday I thought I would keep the sewing machine out and try the skirt!!



She seems to like it!! Anything that twirls is popular! She wont wear the miniskirts much anymore because they don't "spin"!!

I will take some more twirly ones later ... too many flies and too much sun in the backyard!

I got the free pattern ... here

I think I am going to make another one but make a few modifications ...

1.buy more fabric!!

2. make the fabric around the skirt less and the length longer

3. make sure I have elastic before I make another one ... I will put that in later when I get it (she just wants to wear it now!! :-)

4. But I am going to make another one!! Stay tuned!!

Now what will I sew next ... ???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You clever girl, so multi talented. It looks so cute on Hannah too.
Karen D :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! love it, have just got the pattern of your link! Thanks! looks great on Hannah. Think Ruby will love one!
Melissa

amanda hall said...

This is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE irl!

Love that material combo Meredith - you are way too clever!