Monday, July 19, 2010

Reading ...

I finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns on the weekend ... it was the quickest I have read a book in ages ... it was very good.

I think I liked it slightly more than the Kite Runner but I loved them both.

The author writes so well and his books make you want to keep reading as you are never quite sure where the story is going to go next. Both books have that awful part of the story in them that you keep thinking about after you have read that part of the book.

I hope he has some more novels coming!

I decided to go for a lighter style of  read next.

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand

I have had this book on the bedside table for a little while. I think it will be a good read.

I should get back to reading the Cookie Club but the story line is quite difficult to follow as there are so many characters in the book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooh ooh ohh...I have about 80 pages to go and I have enjoyed it...it is sweet and unconvetional and kinda quirky and has had me LOL when I've been reading in bed at night...which always makes DH laugh at me :) enjoy! Txx