Friday, October 8, 2010

Books ...

So on the books front recently ...

A Perfect Proposal by Katie Fforde ... pure chick lit! Very easy to read ... girl meets boy sort of story. Not really the sort of book I generally read but a good "spacer book"!!

then I moved on to a book I bought at least a year ago ...

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Anne Shaffer & Annie Barrows

... absolutely loved it!! When I started out reading I thought "eekkk letters" as the story but it was really well written and funny and I read it in less than a week (started Monday and finished this morning!). It was a really interesting read as well with the story being based around the Guernsey Islands after the second world war.

Unfortunately the author died before it was published and her niece went on to see it published. I would have loved to have read more books by this author.

and next ...

to finish off

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

I started this a while ago and have read about half. Amanda would like to borrow it so I should finish reading it!! She has heard the movie isn't as good but I would be interested in seeing it after I have read the book. It might be on DVD by Christmas!!

1 comment:

Diana Martin said...

Hello Meredith!! I noticed you had been popping over to my blog so I thought I would come over and say hello.....lol!!

HELLO!

Don't mind me, I can be a little batty at times.

I would love to sit down and read Eat, Pray, Love as I love to read the book before I see the movie. I normally read horror and thriller books but once in a while I'll try something new...lol!!
I look forward to reading more of your blog!

Hugs D.
xo