Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blueberry muffins ...

I bought some cute muffin papers and found a Donna Hay recipe ... no-fail berry muffins in her latest emailed monthly newsletter so thought last night I'd give them a try.

I only used blueberries.





So far the vote is ... yum!

The recipe ...

2 cups (300g) SR flour, sifted
1 cup (220g)caster sugar
1 1/4 cups sour cream
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups (190g) mixed berries

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Mix flour & sugar. Whisk together sour cream, eggs & oil and stir through flour mixture. Fold through berries & spoon into 12 lightly greased 1/2 cup capacity (125ml) muffin tins.

Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.

Dust with icing sugar to serve.

Makes 12 (with the smaller paper pans I think I got 30 mini muffins).

2 comments:

Jane said...

yummo Meredith!! they look very tempting and yummy. I too made muffins today, banana muffins, two banan cakes (I had sooo many bananas in the freezer) and a choccy cake. might go have a looksie at the blueberry recipe

Christine said...

Yum, I love Donna Hay! Her banana bread recipe is fab in those mini muffin pans too!