Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas sewing ...

Every Christmas I like to make a new decoration or a few decorations for our tree.

Last year I made 15 of these, after doing Kim Archer's Christmas classes ...


And yes they all had names stitched on them! I was finishing them off on our drive to Clare. Each family got to keep their own.

This year I ordered this pattern with a kit ...

I bought the pattern / kit here.

So far I have made ...


and ...

And now I'm in the process of making ...

Usually I like to make things from felt, this kit uses wool felt and it is beautiful. It gives the decoration a really "I'm going to last a long time" sort of feel.

I was reading the latest Country Threads on Friday and got very excited to see this ad ...

Inspired Stitches

A Stitching Retreat 25th and 26th April 2009

Westminster College, Marion Adelaide, South Australia

Enjoy a day of stitching with four amazing guest designers. Rosalie Quinlan, Leanne Beasley of Leanne’s House, Melanie Hurlston of Melly & Me and Janelle Wind have created brand new or otherwise not readily available designs for you. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are included together with tea, coffee, orange juice and water. On arrival you will receive a gift bag containing patterns, a starter kit and other wonderful surprises. There will be door prizes each day.

Go here to find out more!

I have wanted to go to one of these weekends, with these particular designers, for ages. There is one held near Melbourne each year but this will be easier and a bit cheaper to get to. I think I have Midge and Ingrid on board, just have to see if Jeannie is interested!!

Don't worry ... I still would love to go to a scrap retreat too;-)

3 comments:

amanda hall said...

*phew*

thank god for that last sentence!

your stitching is amazing. You are so clever.

Janelle Wind said...

I would LOVE to meet you at Inspired Stitches in April - how exciting! x Janelle

Anonymous said...

Ooohh, Love your gorgeous Chrissy decos. Makes me want to get stitching. Have just popped in to your blog for the first time since Christmas and it looks amazing! Great Christmas photos. Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year. Love Anita. xxx