Sunday, February 6, 2011

Reading ...


After reading the Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson I was after a lighter read.

I bought this book at the Melbourne airport on our way home from our trip to see the Eagles play!!

I enjoyed it ... the descriptions of food were wonderful and an interesting journey for the main charecter.

I would agree with the following review from ACR ...

I enjoyed reading this book.  The research is impeccable – or from reading the author’s biography, perhaps it is born of personal experience from his cosmopolitan life.  While this is his first novel, he seems to have been a writer for most of his career.  My only quibble is that while the first two thirds  have a larger than life, rumbustious style, towards the end of the book there is a complete change of mood and from time to time I had to remind myself that I was reading a work of fiction rather than a serious biography of a top chef.  I wonder whether the scope was a little too broad and whether the book wouldn’t have been better concentrating on the French village phase, perhaps as Joanne Harris did in  Chocolat.  However, The Hundred Foot Journey is a very fine read by anybody’s standards and held my attention throughout.

Now what to read next ... I think another lighter style book ... maybe Jane Green

Not sure what else I have in the pile next to our bed ...


I read Catherine's first book Petite Anglaise a while ago and enjoyed it

or


I really loved Julie's first book Julie and Julia so bought this one on line a few months ago.

or


Many years ago I read Frances's first 2 books and really enjoyed them so maybe this will be first on the list!!

No comments: