Monday, October 6, 2008

The Flat Show

Today was the annual Yallunda Flat Show (the boys kept calling it the Field Day!!).

We try to go every year as it is fun for the kids, but I think I have missed the last 2 years, due to sick kids and just having had Hannah 2 years ago.

So off we headed today, a bit cold when we first got there but okay by the time the afternoon went on.
They have a Flat Track, like a Yellow Brick Road, where you go to different stalls and get a clue ticked off and get given something, there were 8 spots and we only missed one!!

SES tattoo


Face painting

Spiderman in action!!

Horse and cart / trolley rides (check out Spiderman!!)

The kids had fun and that is what is all about for us!!

Next weekend it is the Cummins Show so we'll be off to that. I am a steward for the Handicrafts section (I think that's what it's called), made up of patchwork, knitting, embroidery etc. Last year I entered a couple of things and won one section and I think got a second in another but I haven't done much since so no entries this year. They have a scrapbooking section that is well entered so that will be good to see!!

Might post some scrapping layouts tomorrow, have done a couple over the weekend and a mini book for Jack, still to do the journaling for that though.

Happy days!!

1 comment:

sandra said...

Hi Meredith!!!!!
I just about fell out of my chair when I saw your link on Tiffs site!
I did'nt realise you had a blog too!!!
Will come back later and have a really good look! I can't wait, I love all your creations!
The photos from the flat show look great!.. looks like the kids had a ball.
ps... I have some photos of the boys at Xroad that you might like.. you can get my email addy from Tiff and I'll send them to you if you are interested!
(phew... sorry I ramble on a bit! lol)
ps please come visit my blog anytime!